WCW Solid Lanolin- All Scents
WCW Solid Lanolin
When your woolies get dirty and start to stink... head on over to your kitchen sink! (corny? We'll work on it..)
Our lanolin is pharmaceutical grade, with FDA approved skin safe fragrance or essential oils added (for our scented lanolin). While it is skin safe fragrance oil-- our WCW scented lanolin should NOT be used for breastfeeding purposes or as a lip balm. Our unscented lanolin is perfectly suited for skin, should you desire to use it in that fashion.
Wool is very low maintenance, but eventually, everyone has to wash it and relanolize it. Our solid lanolin is formulated to give you the best experience possible for your lanolin bath. When it's time to lanolize, simply wash your woolies with some non-lanolin wash (baby wash works great) to remove all dirt and urine salts and then, rinse well. Run a mug full of hot water, add a tsp of solid lanolin per item, and a chunk of one of our emulsifying bars and stir until milky. Add it to a sink of clean warm water along with your wool and let sit for 15 mins to an hour. Remove your wool and let dry!
So, what is Lanolin? Simple explanation: You know how about mid-day your t-zone is all shiny and greasy looking and you try to powder your nose or use astringent? Well, Sheep can’t do that and it builds up. Lanolin is a solid waxy oil from a sheep’s skin, that builds up in their wool. Affectionately known as Sheep Grease. It’s what helps keep them dry when it rains, etc.
Sheep need to be sheared to keep them comfortable in hot weather and to keep their coats from becoming a tangled mess. The sheared wool is processed to remove the lanolin, which is further refined to become used in skin care, etc; The wool is spun into the lovely fibers that make up our products. Contrary to some claims, sheep are not killed to produce lanolin or wool.
Lanolin is also what gives wool it's waterproofing, antibacterial and urine neutralizing properties. There are many different lanolin products available on the market, and we love solid lanolin for the overall bullet-proofing it offers.
- Coconut Kisses (FO) Coconut Kisses is tropical paradise in a bottle! It begins with top notes of mandarin, Mexican lime, tangerine, and kumquat; middle and base notes of watermelon, tart green apples, cantaloupe, and honeydew melon.
Orange Creamsicle (FO)- a mouthwatering blend of juicy orange and delicious sweet cream
- Oatmeal Milk and Honey (FO) - the wonderful fresh aroma of hawthorne, with nuances of creamy French vanilla, soy milk and a base note of nutty almond
- Grape Soda (FO)- effervescent aroma of Kyoho grapes intermingled with fresh peaches, pineapple, raspberries, and strawberries on a dry down of vanilla
- Monkey Farts (FO) -This unique fragrance begins with top notes of fresh bananas and juicy grapefruit, middle notes of kiwi, juicy bubblegum, and strawberries; and a hint of vanilla as a base note
- Blue Hawaiian (FO) - Blue Hawaiian begins with mouth-watering top notes of juicy orange, lemon, and maraschino cherries; followed by tangy pineapple, acai berry, and sea spray; well rounded with base notes of sweet coconut, vanilla rum, and fresh ozonic notes.
- Perfect Man (FO)- The Perfect Man fragrance begins with fresh, daring notes of Japanese grapefruit, bergamot, and lemon; followed by middle notes of peppercorn, ginger, jasmine, aquatic marine notes, and a hint of peppermint; sitting on expensive base notes of natural patchouli, cedar, vetiver, labdanum, and frankincense
- Bubblegum (FO)an aroma of a sweet, juicy childhood bubblegum with fruity top notes and a mild vanilla bottom note